This system was designed to feed 2 sizes of magnets being assembled into an automotive product. A step feeder was chosen for space savings and durability.
Parts were lifted out of the step feeder bin onto the orienting section of the vibratory track. Mis-oriented parts dropped back into the step feeder bin. The system was designed so parts of the wrong size that may be mixed in were ejected out of the system into the yellow bin.
Oriented parts were transferred into our customer's assembly operation by a 60" long hardened steel vibratory inline track driven by 2 and 3 spring pack inline drivers.
Proximity sensors monitored the parts level in the track. The sensor at the track entrance controlled the step feeder, turning it on when parts were needed in the track. The sensor near the track exit was provided to signal an alarm on our customer's system if the part level got too low.
A photoelectric sensor on the step feeder bin monitored the parts level in the step feeder, turning on the prefeeder conveyor when parts were needed in the step feeder bin.
View this short video that demonstrates the automotive parts as they are lifted from the step feeder bin onto the vibratory feeder track. Parts are continuously fed into the step feeder bin by the belt conveyor prefeeder, which is monitored by a photoelectric sensor that turns on the prefeeder as needed. The correct parts level on the inline vibratory feeder track is maintained by proximity sensors. Incorrectly sized parts are ejected from the system into the yellow bin.
- Feed rate: 15 parts per minute
- Input voltage: 120V, 60 Hz.
- Step Feeder:
- Performance Feeders single-step feeder with 6" wide x 1/2" thick step.
- Electric drive.
- Delrin-lined bin.
- Hinged Lexan cover over bin.
- Vibratory orienting straight line track:
- 60" long.
- Hardened and plated tool steel part contact surfaces.
- Powered by 2-spring and 3-spring vibratory inline drivers.
- 1/4 cu. ft. bulk parts capacity.
- Auto-Kinetics standard duty belt conveyor, 200mm wide x 24" long.
- 1/30 HP 90 VDC motor.
- Stainless steel bin.
- Standard Performance Feeders controls for step feeder and inline drivers, mounted in custom enclosure and junction box.
- Dart #15DVE for prefeeder conveyor.
- Sensors provided:
- High track proximity sensor on vibratory inline: Controls step feeder, turning on when the parts level in the track drops below the sensor.
- Low track proximity sensor on vibratory inline: Provides signal to the customer's control system when the parts level in the track drops below the sensor.
- Photoelectric sensor on step feeder bin: Controls prefeeder conveyor, automatically maintaining the proper parts level in the step feeder bin.
- Mounting surface: 1.25" thick steel plate with 5-leg welded frame and leveling screws.