Prefeeders provide for bulk storage of un-oriented parts. The storage capacity of prefeeders is typically much greater than that of orienting feeders. When integrated as part of a vibratory, step or centrifugal feeding system, a prefeeder automatically meters parts into the orienting feeder, constantly maintaining the proper amount of parts in the feeder for optimal operation and minimizing the amount of time an operator must spend tending to the feed system.
We offer a wide variety of prefeeders, including vibratory hoppers, vertical elevating prefeeders, hoist elevators, high-capacity elevating prefeeders and custom configurations to suit most any need for the movement of bulk small parts.
Our vibratory hoppers are the most economical option for integrating bulk parts storage into parts feeding systems. They consist of a high-capacity bin mounted over a vibratory tray, controller and sensor (limit or proximity) that monitors the level of parts in the orienting feeder and turns on the hopper automatically as needed.
- 1 – 5 cu. ft. bin capacities
- Stainless steel bin and tray construction
- Bin and tray linings available for part protection
- Includes controller (110 or 220 VAC) and level control sensor for orienting feeder
- Low bin sensor to monitor part level in hopper bin
- Purge door for quick part changeover in systems that run multiple parts
- Belt conveyor in place of vibratory tray for applications requiring gentle handling of fragile parts
Vertical Elevating Prefeeder
The vertical elevating prefeeder is a space-saving solution for the gentle transfer of bulk parts from the floor level to high discharge heights. It features an ergonomic load height and 3 cu. ft. of bulk part storage. A variety of cleated, FDA approved belts are available to suit a wide range of parts.
- Bulk storage with ergonomic load height transferring to high discharge
- 3 cu. ft. bin capacity
- Fixed discharge height: 48″± 2″ special discharge heights can be quoted upon request
- Space-saving vertical elevation of parts
- Smaller footprint compared to standard elevators
- Functions to pre-orient or orient parts
- Stainless steel construction
- Various cleated, FDA approved belt configurations
- Constant or variable speed motors
The Performance Feeders hoist elevator is a space-saving bulk parts elevator that allows parts to be loaded at an ergonomic height and discharged at heights up to 84″. With a 24″ x 36″ footprint and vertical lifting, the hoist elevator takes up much less floor space than other bulk elevators.
How it works
The operator loads parts into the bin, closes the loading door, and operates the elevator with the handheld pushbutton controller. Safety features include an interlock switch on the load door that prevents operation of the elevator when the door is open, and an emergency stop button.
- Stainless steel bin and discharge chute, available with UHMW lining for part protection.
- Extruded aluminum frame with clear Lexan panels.
- Ergonomic load height allows loading without operator having to bend over or lift boxes overhead.
- Handheld operator controls with simple pushbutton operation.
- Emergency stop button.
- Interlock safety switch on load door that prevents operation of elevator with load door open.
- Input voltage: 110, 220 or 440V AC
- Bin capacity: 2 cu. ft.
- Weight capacity: Up to 300 lb.
- Lift speed: 32 FPM
- Load height: 28″
- Discharge height: Built to specification. 48″ minimum, 84″ maximum
We offer a complete line of peripheral components to complement our vibratory feeders, allowing us to offer anything from simple orienting feeders to complete turnkey parts feeding systems, including:
- Prefeeders (vibratory hoppers and bulk elevators) which provide for bulk storage of parts, automatic metering of parts into orienting feeders and floor-level loading of parts.
- Linear feeders (vibratory inline tracks, gravity tracks, belt conveyors and air tracks) which provide for transfer and storage of oriented parts between orienting feeders and your equipment.
- Escapement and part isolation mechanisms that isolate a single or multiple parts from the queue of oriented parts and position them for placement into your assembly operation.
- Sensors that control the part quantities in orienting feeders, prefeeders and linear feeders, and communicate feed system status to your machine.
- Standard and custom control packages.
- Base plates and tables with all components mounted for a turn-key installation.
- Multiple options for enclosures for noise and dust control.