High-Precision, FDA Approved Cleated Timing Belt Conveyor System
This custom conveyor system was designed to transfer blister packs of medical products between machinery assembling the blister packs and machinery packaging the packs into cartons. Packs were loaded onto the conveyor at the entrance end and shuttled sideways into a packaging machine at the discharge end. The high-precision requirements of this application necessitated the use of a custom timing belt conveyor.
Starting with our standard timing belt conveyor design, this custom conveyor included an FDA-approved urethane timing belt. Custom cleats were glued onto the belt with spacing between cleat centers maintained to within ± .020″. Custom stainless steel side rails allowed confinement of parts, while cutouts at specified intervals allowed access for loading, orientation and unloading operations performed on the conveyor. Delrin rails supported the belt under the conveyor.
A 5/8″ drive shaft was supplied for the customer to attach a servo motor that indexed the conveyor 2″ (the distance between cleats) every minute.
Custom Conveyor System specifications
- Cycle time: Index 2" once per minute
- Auto-Kinetics Heavy-Duty timing belt conveyor, 120mm wide x 3041mm long
- Delrin belt running surface
- All metal components are 304 stainless steel or anodized aluminum
- Custom stainless steel side rails
- Stainless steel fasteners
- Delrin belt return supports
- Timing belt:
- 1/2" pitch with v-guide
- FDA approved urethane belt material
- Cleats: Custom-molded 94 durometer urethane, .276″ tall x .062″ thick, spaced 2″ apart
- Cleat Tolerances: ± .020″ between cleat centers, ± 1° side-to-side and top-to-bottom angularity