Centrifugal Feeder Feeds 1300 Pharmaceutical Parts per Minute
This system was designed for a pharmaceutical product manufacturer who needed to orient and feed two types of round plastic parts at a rate of 1300 parts per minute. We used a centrifugal bowl feeder for this project because of the high feed rate requirement.
We used a Hoppmann FT-20 centrifugal feeder, which included an FDA-approved rigid plastic inner disc and dual motors driving the inner disc and outer ring for independent speed control.
The discharge confinement was held in place by a toggle clamp for quick part changeover. Dowel pins ensured the confinement was located accurately.
A custom controller package, mounted in a stainless steel enclosure, included variable speed motor controllers and external power switches.
- Feed rate: 1300 parts per minute
- Input voltage: 220V, 60 Hz.
- Centrifugal feeder: Hoppmann FT-20
- Stainless steel construction
- FDA approved ABS plastic inner disc
- Teflon hardcoat anodized aluminum bowl
- Dual 1/2 HP 90V AC motors
- Stainless steel tooling ring
- Stainless steel and Delrin tooling
- Controls: Custom controller package, including
- Soft-start variable speed motor controllers for centrifugal feeder motors
- Digital RPM meters for centrifugal feeder disc and bowl rim</-li>
- Master power, start, stop and emergency stop buttons
- Stainless steel enclosure
- Mounting surface: Welded stainless steel frame with stainless steel leveling feet
- Sensors and valves provided: Solenoid valve with flow meters for centrifugal feeder air supply