This vibratory bowl feeder system was designed to orient and feed 7 different types of plastic bottles into a pharmaceutical filling and packaging system.
The bowl was built with FDA-grade 316 stainless steel. To ensure that all bowl surfaces were smooth, pit-free and resistant to dust collection, the inside tracking was completely welded (top and bottom) to the bowl wall, all of the bowl pieces and welds were ground and polished, and the entire bowl surface was electro-polished
Stainless steel fasteners and hardware were used throughout the bowl construction.
The bowl counterweights were completely covered with stainless steel. A custom round-base vibratory bowl drive unit was covered with a polished 304 stainless steel shroud.
A vibratory straight line track transferred the oriented parts between the bowl and our customer’s machine. The track was built with electro-polished 316 stainless steel and stainless steel fasteners.
The custom vibratory straight line driver was covered by a 304 stainless steel shroud and included 316 stainless steel top pieces that were exposed.
The top of the table was covered with 304 stainless steel.
- Feed rate: 50 parts per minute, per line (two lines of parts).
- Input voltage: 220V, 60 Hz.
- System built using all metric, stainless steel fasteners.
- Vibratory bowl:
- 30″ basic diameter.
- Clockwise rotation.
- 316 stainless steel construction, double-welded, ground and electro-polished.
- Purge gate that allows for quick part changeover.
- Custom vibratory drive unit with round base and 304 stainless steel shroud.
- Vibratory straight line track:
- 316 electro-polished stainless steel construction.
- Dual-line track mounted to single 2-spring vibratory inline driver.
- 20″ track length.
- Controls: Rodixvariable-frequency controllers mounted in custom stainless steel enclosure, shipped loose for mounting by customer.
- Mounting surface: 1.25″ thick steel plate with 304 stainless steel legs, 316 stainless steel foot pads and 304 stainless steel plate cover.