This system was designed to feed a low voltage light bulb into an automotive assembly operation. A step feeder was chosen due because its gentle part handling characteristics would minimize the chance of breaking the parts.
Each cycle of the step feeder lifted parts out of the bin and onto the orienting section of the vibratory track. Mis-oriented parts dropped back into the step feeder bin.
Oriented parts were transferred into our customer's assembly operation by a 28" long hardened steel vibratory straight line track driven by a 3 spring pack inline driver.
A photoelectric sensor monitored the parts level in the track, turning on the step feeder when parts were needed in the track.
View this short video that demonstrates the gentle parts handling of the step feeder as it lifts the glass light bulbs from the bin and places them on the straight-line vibratory feeder track. Mis-oriented parts are ejected into the bin for recirculation. The photoelectric sensor monitors the parts level on the track, turning on the step feeder as needed.
- Feed rate: 5 parts per minute.
- Input voltage: 120V, 60 Hz.
- Step feeder:
- Performance Feeders single-step feeder with 6" wide x 1/2" thick step.
- Pneumatic drive.
- Delrin-lined bin.
- 1/4 cu. ft. parts capacity.
- Vibratory orienting straight line track:
- 28" long.
- Hardened and plated tooling.
- 3 spring pack inline driver.
- Controls: Standard Performance Feeders controls for step feeder and inline driver, mounted in custom enclosure.
- Mounting surface: 1.25″ thick steel plate.
- Sensors and valves provided:
- Photoelectric sensor on vibratory inline: Controls step feeder, turning it on when the parts level in the track drops below the sensor.
- Solenoid valve package with regulator and flow controls for step feeder and air jets.